• question-icon

What causes vaginal sore post an intercourse?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi im just wondering....i had a sex about a week ago and it was alot of times in one night. Since then my vagina has been very sore. Almost a feeling of being torn. I had a look at it and there seems to be not alot but a few small white dots around the opening but im not sure if this is a normal thing. Could be from all of the friction? Or something else?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vaginal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
The symptoms you are having are suggestive of vaginal infection, most likely to be vaginal candidate.
This fungal infection can cause white thick vaginal discharge, soreness in the vagina and pain during intercourse.
I will suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist for proper examination, vaginal swab examination and get further treatment accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine