question-icon

What causes vaginal itching?

Posted on Fri, 18 Jul 2014
Question: vaginal itching
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal (49 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
There are so many causes for it.

Detailed Answer:
As you asked before Outer vaginal itching is irritation in outer part of vagina means vulva.
There are so many causes for vulval pruritis.
In my opinion you should consult a doctor for your problem and go for examination and investigation to rule out the cause because there are so many reasons for vaginal itching.
If I am your treating doctor I would advice you liver, kidney, skin patch test, and vaginal swab culture.
When cause confirmed take treatment accordingly.
Before you consult a doctor in my opinion you should follow some advice-
Use loose cotton undergarment, use emollient cream for local application, use corticosteroid cream, use antihistaminics.
I think I have answered your query, If you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal (1 hour later)
Thanks Doctor for the suggestion.I am also from XXXXXXX recently moved to XXXXXXX :)

Yours' XXXXXXX
I Love XXXXXXX :)
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal (6 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks!
You are most welcome.
I am always there to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN