What causes vaginal itching and frequent urge to urinate after intercourse?
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Yes I think it is a UTI and sometimes it does need antibiotics to cure it.
Antibiotics if taken when really necessary are not bad and the risks of not taking them are very bad.
Yes you can test and confirm the diagnosis instead of taking the antibiotics just like that.
Please get a urine routine microscopy that will tell how much infection is there.
Also a urine culture test to know what bacteria is causing it and what Antibiotic particularly will work against it.
Best to avoid sex till this is sorted out because sexual activity can worsen or spread it to the genital tract.
UTI can cause spotting too but if the spotting persists after the UTI is gone please get a Pap smear and pelvic ultrasound scan.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further
And just the part of the ovules and cream.. was it dangerous for me to use that if i didnt have yeast infection? my doctor said is very strong steroids so im worried..
A single dose of antibiotic is generally insufficient when the UTI is long standing and resistant to conventional treatment.
I usually prescribe extended course ( 3 - 5 days ) of antibiotics based on the culture and sensitivity report.
A UTI , if untreated, may get serious over weeks.
Yes, wait for 2 more days, no problem, just take lots of fluids.
Yes, steroids would have worsened a UTI, but do not worry, it can be managed.
It is not a dangerous or life threatening condition.
Take care, and keep me posted.
I will do that! so in case that i have to take the antibiotics, what can i do to prevent the yeast infection because of them? taking probiotics too?
Dont lose your beauty sleep over it !!
You will be fine.
Just upload the report when you get it.
Yes, taking probiotics while on antibiotics will help in avoiding an add - on yeast infection.
You can write directly to me anytime, using the following link -
There are no antibiotics that are 100 % effective.
Generally, Nitrofurantoin works against most of the strains, if you want to wish, you may start that until you receive the result.
Interstitial cystitis is a very rare condition.
A simple first time UTI rarely progresses to IC cystitis, in the absence of co morbid conditions.
Normal cystitis is bladder infection, IC cystitis is a chronic resistant condition.
Dont worry about IC cystitis.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause vaginal itching
- What is the cause and treatment for vaginal itching
- What causes vaginal itching with yellowish discharge
- Could vaginal itching and frequent urination be symptoms of std
- What causes vaginal itching with redness and bumps
- Vaginal itching and discharge causes
- Is vaginal itching after intercourse due to the condom
- What could be the cause of vaginal itching
- What is the cause of vaginal itching and discharge
- What stds cause vaginal itching
- Hymen not ruptured. Can I insert finger in the vagina?
- Want to conceive, have fundal subseraus fibroid. What kind of treatment...
- Pregnant. Having ovarian cyst. Has nausea and vomiting. Prescribed folic...
- Increasing red spots on abdomen since hysterectomy. Had been for...
- Had 3 times intercourse within a cycle. Took postinor and used...
- Is it safe to use contraceptive pills like i pill? Side effects?
- Had menorrhagia. Ultrasound showed uterus enlarged. Treatment?
- Had D&C and hysterscopic procedure. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. Having...
- Pregnant, in third trimester, advised 4d scan. Will it cause any harm to...
- Looking for help for Pemphigoid Bullous in throat, mouth and hands?