What causes vaginal infection and itching after a non-penetrative sexual activity?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 24 Aug 2018 in Women's Health
Question: had been fingered pretty intense a few days ago and he went down on my i am very itchy and a little blood when i wipe .... is it cus it was a rough the cut seems to be on the outside when i wipe is it cuz it is delicate skin ... very worried please help,,
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail below.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query, itchy and a little blood are due to injury or infection,so take some antibiotics and pain killer .you will be all right.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 57 minutes later
WHat kind of infection ... it doesn’t burn whe. I urinate . The irritation feels like it’s outaide and the cut is outside could it be from rubbing it hard or wiping to hard ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be superficial skin infection.

Detailed Answer:

Excessive rubbing can cause small cuts and abrasions on the skin that causes an irritation pain and infection. You can apply a local antiseptic ointment and have oral pain killers and antibiotic like ciprofloxacin.

Hope I have answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
It’s not std is it ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not likely to be STD.

Detailed Answer:

This is likely to be a minor infection and not an STD. However in case the symptoms do not show an improvement then do consult a gynecologist for a direct examination and a few tests.

Take Care!
Dr. Rakhi Tayal,
OBGYN

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad