What causes vaginal discharge with bad odor?
Some amount of discharge is normal, get a swab done to confirm.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Basically, some amount of vaginal discharge is quite normal.
During certain phases of the menstrual cycle, particularly around ovulation and after it, the discharge increases in amount.
A certain kind of smell is also typical of vaginal discharge.
So you should not worry much about it.
If there is itching / redness or a foul smell to your discharge, then yes, you should be concerned.
You should consult a Gynecologist if you are very worried about the discharge, and get a vaginal swab and culture done.
That will rule out any possibility of an infection.
Please get that done.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
Sounds like a vaginal infection.
Yes, it sounds like you are having a vaginal infection.
As I said, please go for a vaginal swab to confirm the nature of infection.
That will give a clear idea regarding further course of treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes smelly vaginal discharge
- What is the cause of persistent vaginal discharges
- What causes pink vaginal discharge
- What causes clear vaginal discharge
- What causes bad smell from vaginal discharge
- What causes green vaginal discharge
- What cause vaginal discharge
- What causes itchy vaginal discharge
- What causes brown vaginal discharge
- What are the causes of vaginal discharge and spotting