What causes vaginal bleeding post intercourse?
This is because the hymen has not entirely healed!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this. This happens because after loosing your virginity, the membrane that was covering the vaginal entry is torn. There is therefore a minor cut which has to get healed. If this is no well healed and you have sex, then the wound would again bleed. This is not unexpected and you shouldn't worry. To allow for full healing before continuing sexual activity, refrain from sex for 10-14days.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
No cervical issues here!
I will say give yourselves another rest for say two weeks. Should it happen again, then I will recommend that you get examined. This is probably a small tear somewhere around the genital tract and not really any major issues. keep me posted on the progress and we will address this together.
I wish you and your girlfriend well.
Not too common but not unexpected!
All is well. This is not always the case but totally justified by the surrounding circumstances. Do not be worried and all will be okay.
I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding and itching
- Could bleeding post intercourse suggest pregnancy
- Midcycle bleed post intercourse perimenopause
- Cyst bleeding post intercourse had miscarriage chances of pregnancy
- Short periods cycle bleeding post intercourse pink bleeding pregnancy symptoms
- What is the cause of sudden vaginal bleeding
- What causes internal vaginal bleeding
- 8 months pregnant have severe contractions bleeding post intercourse normal
- Bleeding post intercourse done with menstruation days ago possible causes