What causes vaginal bleeding post intercourse?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: OBGYN Question:

I am a 29yr old female, married, has not had children yet, but wants children. My husband and I were sexually active, and he fingered me. This time, he tried to use 4 fingers. This is the first time this has happened to me, ever. I could only tolerate it for 5-10minutes and told him to stop. I started to bleed (wiping shows a dime to a nickle size spot of blood) It has been 12 hours since and I am still bleeding with cramping, everytime i wipe, i see blood of the same size, still bright red. Due to the bleeding and soreness, I am researching online. I read in some cases it can cause a loss of ability for me to have children (if he hit & stretched the cervix) Should I go to the hospital? Am i just worrying for nothing? Please & Greatly appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
visit a Gynaecologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
You need to visit a gynecologist for examination because the bleeding you are having is most probably due to some tear in vagina which is oozing since then.
Fingering cannot injure cervix especially if his nails are cut properly so it wont cause any problem in fertility.
You need to take a tablet of tranexamic acid 500 mg till you visit your doctor.
So just relax and try to avoid this in future.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 2 hours later
Thank you! :) I greatly appreciate the fast response and I am glad that I used Heathcaremagic.com

Have a good day.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
welcome dear

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome dear.
In case you have other questions in future you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/drmanishajain