Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What causes vaginal bleeding post intercourse?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 5136 Questions
OBGYN Question:

I am a 29yr old female, married, has not had children yet, but wants children. My husband and I were sexually active, and he fingered me. This time, he tried to use 4 fingers. This is the first time this has happened to me, ever. I could only tolerate it for 5-10minutes and told him to stop. I started to bleed (wiping shows a dime to a nickle size spot of blood) It has been 12 hours since and I am still bleeding with cramping, everytime i wipe, i see blood of the same size, still bright red. Due to the bleeding and soreness, I am researching online. I read in some cases it can cause a loss of ability for me to have children (if he hit & stretched the cervix) Should I go to the hospital? Am i just worrying for nothing? Please & Greatly appreciated.
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
visit a Gynaecologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
You need to visit a gynecologist for examination because the bleeding you are having is most probably due to some tear in vagina which is oozing since then.
Fingering cannot injure cervix especially if his nails are cut properly so it wont cause any problem in fertility.
You need to take a tablet of tranexamic acid 500 mg till you visit your doctor.
So just relax and try to avoid this in future.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes vaginal bleeding post intercourse? 2 hours later
Thank you! :) I greatly appreciate the fast response and I am glad that I used

Have a good day.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
welcome dear

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome dear.
In case you have other questions in future you can contact me directly on
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor