What causes vaginal bleeding post intercourse in a 63 year old woman?
Can be due to vaginal dryness.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
In the postmenopausal age group, decrease in levels of estrogen cause a vaginal dryness causing pain during sex. The frequent bleeding can be due to friction or aspirin which you might be taking.
To decrease such episodes, it is best to use a water based lubricant daily and specially before sex. You can also use XXXXXXX butter before sex. Do decrease the dosage of aspirin in case you taking any.
Do get your annual PAP smear done and get yourself examined in case the bleeding is recurrent and persistent.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding and itching
- Could bleeding post intercourse suggest pregnancy
- Midcycle bleed post intercourse perimenopause
- Short periods cycle bleeding post intercourse pink bleeding pregnancy symptoms
- What is the cause of sudden vaginal bleeding
- What causes internal vaginal bleeding
- 8 months pregnant have severe contractions bleeding post intercourse normal
- Causes of vaginal bleeding at age63
- Bleeding post intercourse done with menstruation days ago possible causes