What causes vaginal bleeding post intake of Postinor 2?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Thu, 7 Apr 2016 in General Health
Question: hi I had protected sex with my bf but It still spilt out on 1st of XXXXXXX around 6:30pm. so I took postinor 2 on 2nd of XXXXXXX at 1pm. my previous period was on 9th dec 2015. 7th XXXXXXX is my expected period day but im bleeding since ysterday. could It be the side effct of postinor?or it is my period? is it pssble that my period come on time? if no when will my period come? im scare,that I wil pregnant
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rest assured, it doesn't support any evidence of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history you have shared, first thing that I would like to clarify that is it January or February we are talking about? And did you had intercourse in the last days of January.?

Second thing is that it is a common side effect of using postinor, that periods irregularity may be experienced, because of hormonal imbalances it causes, so it is the case you are likely experiencing and the bleeding if is in regular amount like your periods then it can be a part of normal menstrual flow so you need to stay relax regarding that. Moreover none of your symptoms justify pregnancy or even risk of it. So stay relaxed regarding that. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 47 minutes later
hi thnks for answering me. sorry I had intercourse in 1st of february around 6:30pm and I took the postinor 2 at 4:50pm. my last period was on 9th of January. expected period was ysterday and im bleeding. so it means that my period might come around nxt week?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This bleeding can be periods

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thanks for the reviewing the facts. Based on the facts it seems to be that current bleeding is actually due to periods so stay relaxed as such fluctuations or premature menstruation may occur with such emergency contraception pills due to hormonal imbalance. Regards.