What causes vaginal bleeding followed by positive UPT?
yes it could be.
Welcome to HCM,
The best thing for you to do now would be to do a b HCG blood test and repeat it after 48 hours.
This will give us a proper clue if you are pregnant or not. There are a few possible things that could have happen.
The fact that your urine pregnancy test was positive and then you had bleeding, would make it a chemical pregnancy.
The other possibility is it was a very early spontaneous miscarraige.
It could also be a threaten miscarraige and it's possible in that case that the pregnancy may continue.
So please get a HCG blood test done immediately, if negetive means you are not pregnant, but if positive and the value doubles in 48 hours it means you are and that the pregnancy is fine.
If the value of HCG crosses 1000 you could get an ultrasound done to confirm the location of pregnancy.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vaginal bleeding in the second trimester
- What is causing grey discharge and vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding after radical hysterectomy
- What causes vaginal bleeding and itching
- What causes light vaginal bleeding after a hysterectomy
- Prolonged vaginal bleeding what could be the cause
- What causes vaginal bleeding when on tamoxifen
- What is the cause of sudden vaginal bleeding
- What causes internal vaginal bleeding