What causes vaginal bleeding during pregnancy?

Question
Hi My wife is pregnant, however there is bleeding from her vagina. I visited a doc & she prescribed her with following Medicines:

Trapic MF Injections
Dundalan 3T(daily) X 5 weekly
1MG HCG Injection X 2wice weekly
Mecoriv G Tablets 2wice daily
Falvit(Multi Vitamin) 2wice daily
Suctar 200 mg Tab 2wice daily

I suppose all the above medicines are baby saving & will not have any ill affect/Effect on the fetus. I was worried. Kindly Advice

XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
All these medicines are safe in pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXX, thanks for trusting health care magic.
The medicines prescribed by your gynecologist are optimum and in right dose according to international guidelines.
Trapic MF is given to stop bleeding and will be stopped once she has no bleeding,
Duvadilan and HCG injection are for stopping uterine contractions which can start due to bleeding episode she had.
Mecoriv and folvite are type of different multivitamins because deficiency of certain vitamins especially folic acid can also cause bleeding and also the intake of these helps in complimenting the general wellbeing of pregnant patients.
All these drugs are safe in pregnancy and commonly prescribed.
Just tell her to have complete bed rest and avoid any kind of heavy work and even sexual activity.
Visit your gynecologist at regular intervals.