What causes vaginal bleeding during intercourse in a 45 year old woman?
Do one TVS scan for evaluation.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
Bleeding during intercourse may be due to rough sex, vaginal infection, hormonal imbalance, blunt trauma, dryness of vagina etc. In most cases, bleeding stops automatically and NO medical treatment is required.
As you are currently on CERELLE pill (progesterone only mini-pill), then your chance of pregnancy is quite LOW (less than 1%) and it also depends on your fertile days.
Last thing, I suggest you to undergo one Trans Vaginal Ultrasound scan (TVS) to check uterine or cervical polyp (common in your age). Review with report or consult with your doctor.
Maintain genital hygiene properly. Use proper lubrication during sex. Good luck.
Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vaginal bleeding during intercourse due to cervix on birth control
- How to prevent vaginal bleeding during intercourse
- Does tri sprintec cause bleeding during intercourse
- Taking hucog heavy bleeding during intercourse cause
- Watery bleeding during intercourse
- Noticed bleeding during intercourse what is the problem
- Bleeding during intercourse cramps what is the problem
- Pinkish vaginal discharge bleeding during intercourse not pregnant other causes
- What is the reason for bleeding during intercourse
- Bleeding during intercourse causes