What causes vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy?
Do Get a ultrasound done
Hi XXXXXXX I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Bleeding in early pregnancy can be due to :
1. Threatened abortion or missed abortion
2. Bleeding around the foetus( subchorionic haemorrhage)
3. Ectopic pregnancy
Since the pregnancy is seen in uterus, ectopic pregnancy is ruled out. Irregular gestation sac with history of bleeding is suggestive of impending abortion. On 29 th XXXXXXX your gestation age was 5 weeks2 days approximately, at this gestation the fetal node is visible, however cardiac activity is not visible.
In my opinion, you should get a repeat ultrasound today to assess the condition of pregnancy. Further management should be done accordingly.
Yes, this is worrisome. Please proceed accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vaginal bleeding
- What causes dry heaving early pregnancy
- Does allylestrenol cause bleeding during early pregnancy
- What causes vomiting during early pregnancy
- What causes vaginal bleeding during passing of stool
- Can constipation cause vaginal bleeding during pregnancy
- Bleeding during early pregnancy causes
- What could be the cause of bleeding in early pregnancy
- What causes bleeding in an early pregnancy
- Early pregnancy causes