What causes vaginal bleeding despite having I-pill post unprotected sex?
after around 15 days when my periods were over.
I got into physical thing and i took ipill just after 1 hour of intercourse.
surprisingly next day i got bleeding again that lasted for 3 days just like normal periods.
so basically i got my periods just after 15-17 days of my previous cycle.
can i still get pregnant?
what are the causes of bleeding?
Withdrawal bleeding. Effect of I-pill.
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your history in detail.
1) Your current vaginal bleeding (similar to period) is due to withdrawal effect of the I-pill. It is quite common phenomena following taking the emergency pill and bleeding starts within 3-5 days. Don't be panic or tensed as it stops automatically.
2) You involved in unprotected sex around the FERTILE period (if your cycle is regular and 28-30 days). However, you took I-Pill after 1 hr and your chance of pregnancy quite LOW because it is more than 99% effective in preventing unwanted pregnancy.
3) Your next period date may be delayed or earlier due to hormonal imbalance associated with I-Pill effect. Do home pregnancy test if period delays more than one week.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health and always practice safe sex in future.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vaginal bleeding in the second trimester
- What is causing grey discharge and vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding and itching
- What causes vaginal bleeding after sex
- Prolonged vaginal bleeding what could be the cause
- What causes vaginal bleeding post menopause
- What is the cause of sudden vaginal bleeding
- What causes internal vaginal bleeding
- What could cause vaginal bleed post sex