What causes vaginal bleeding and spotting during 8th week of pregnancy?
Possible risk of miscarriage, but dont panic please.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
I am Dr. Aarti, Gynecologist, and would be glad to assist you with your health concern.
I have gone through the attached reports also.
Let me explain what SCH means.
It is sub chorionic hematoma.
Chorion is the tissue that supports the growing pregnancy.
SCH means that there is some amount of bleeding within this tissue.
This carries a risk of possible miscarriage at times.
It is not normal at all.
However, there is no reason to panic, because the good news is that the baby 's heartbeat is quite normal.
So please relax.
Just be aware of the possible complication, such as a possible miscarriage.
Continue all medications sincerely.
Take lots of rest.
Avoid stress, travelling, jerks, intercourse.
Most of such small bleeds vanish on their own with time.
Get a repeat scan in 2 weeks or earlier if you continue to bleed.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding and itching
- What causes vaginal bleeding for almost 4 weeks
- Vaginal bleeding during pregnancy
- What causes vaginal bleeding during passing of stool
- What is the cause of sudden vaginal bleeding
- What causes internal vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal bleeding during 8th week of pregnancy
- What is vaginal bleeding during 8th week pregnancy
- Can constipation cause vaginal bleeding during pregnancy
- Hymen not ruptured. Can I insert finger in the vagina?
- Want to conceive, have fundal subseraus fibroid. What kind of treatment...
- Pregnant. Having ovarian cyst. Has nausea and vomiting. Prescribed folic...
- Increasing red spots on abdomen since hysterectomy. Had been for...
- Had 3 times intercourse within a cycle. Took postinor and used...
- Is it safe to use contraceptive pills like i pill? Side effects?
- Had menorrhagia. Ultrasound showed uterus enlarged. Treatment?
- Had D&C and hysterscopic procedure. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. Having...
- Pregnant, in third trimester, advised 4d scan. Will it cause any harm to...
- Looking for help for Pemphigoid Bullous in throat, mouth and hands?