What causes vaginal bleeding and an abnormal odor in urine post abortion pill intake?

Question
Hii,

I just had an abortion through the abortion pill less than 2 days ago. I’m still bleeding and there is a weird smell in my pee now. Is this normal?
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be an infection.

Detailed Answer:
Having a bleeding for 10-15 days is normal after having the abortion pills. In case the bleeding is heavy and persistent then you need to get an ultrasound scan done to check if the abortion is complete.
The smell in the pee can be due to a mild urine infection. It is best to have plenty of fluids orally and see if this decreases the smell. In case the smell persists then do get a urine test done to rule out an infection.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal