What causes vaginal bleeding and abdominal pain?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I've been having light vaginal bleeding for almost a year now with abdominal pain, heavy bleeding after sex, and lower back pain. should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Uterine fibroids

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Vaginal bleeding through out the year could be due to dysfunctional uterine bleeding or due to uterine fibroids. Which is most often treated with hormonal pills.
I strongly recommend that you meet a gynecologist as soon as possible for an examination and scan. Continuous bleeding makes you weak and you might develop anemia and other anemia related complications.
Heavy bleeding after coitus is not normal, it could be due to local trauma caused during sex however such things are uncommon at your age.

I once again recommend you to meet a gynecologist as soon as possible

I hope I was of help