What causes vaginal bleeding after taking Unwanted 72?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: hello doctor ,
I am 37 yrs old married woman , i always have regular periods . my due date was 21 sep 2015. but i had unprotected sex before that , so i took unwanted 72 within the time , there it was mentioned that my period may be 7 days before due date aur after 7 days . on 17 sep i had period but it was very less and it stopped . and again on 19 i had period but same it was very little and again stopped . what according to you it could be ? i am tensed . TODAY I DID MY TEST AT HOME USING VELOCITY. IT SHOWING POSITIVE . TWO PURPLE LINES ARE THERE.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy is there

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Bleeding after intake of unwanted72 is due to hormonal effects on the uterine endometrium.
However, if your urine pregnancy test is positive, then the unwanted 72 has failed to stop pregnancy. You should consult an OBGYN specialist if you want to terminate the pregnancy, as it can be done by medical method using medicines mifepristone and misoprostol at this stage.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Please do get back for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 48 minutes later
Hi doctor thanks for anwering my question.is this termination very painful, can you please tell me the procedure. As it is the first time for me. So that i will be mentally prepared for that.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is moderately painful

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, termination of pregnancy by medical method consists of taking two medicines mifepristone and misoprostol, sequentially.Thereafter, there is moderate lower abdomen pain and bleeding for around one week.
It should be given by a registered medical practitioner.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Thanku doctor I will visit hospital today. One more thing I want to k ow do I need to get. Admitted or they will send me home after giving medicine. Sorry. I am troubling you a lot with my quires. Hope you understand my situation. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Happy to help

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, medical method of abortion is given generally given at home. You will be required to follow up with your doctor as advised.
I am there to help you, so don't hesitate in asking any question.
You can get back to me for further queries later by asking a direct question to me on health care magic portal.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma