What causes vaginal bleeding after intercourse?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 22 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi. On april 5th i had a laparascopy for endometriosis done. I am now trying to ger pregnant with my husband so therefor i stopped my birth control pills May 1st and got my period on May 3rd. I dont now how long my period or anything is yet. But i stopped bleeding 6 days ago and yesterday we had sex. It did hurt a bit more like itching too and today i am bleeding. For years ago I had cone biopsy done but ever since I have been tested negative also negative for high risk hpv. I was last tested a year ago. I didnt bleed yesterdat only some pinkish blood today but of course I worry could this be due to cell changes on the cervix again og is it related to my endometriosis or because I stopped my birth control pills. Or could it be related to my ovulation. I am in doubt if I should contact my doctor
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult your OBGYN

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Bleeding after intercourse can be due to hormonal changes due to oral contraceptive pills, or can be due to local lesions in the cervix or vagina.
I will suggest you to consult your OBGYN y specialist to rule out any local lesion and take further treatment accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful .
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 3 minutes later
ok but i have stopped taking my birth control pills- so my question is could this be due to cell changes on cervix again even though i was hpv negative last year.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, cell changes can be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, yes, cell changes in the cervix can be the cause.
HPV can cause cell changes over a year.
Dr Deepti Verma