What causes vaginal bleeding after having I pill?
However now its been 12 days since she has not got her usual periods.
How can we ensure that we are on the safe side. Is this a cause of concern?
DO ONE HOME PREGNANCY TEST AT THE EARLIEST.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) She will get more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy if I-PILL was taken within first 24 hrs. Here, chance of pregnancy is LOW but it needs to be confirmed.
2) After 5 days, she got withdrawal bleeding (similar to her period) due to effect of the emergency pill. It is quite common and natural phenomena.
3) Her next period may be delayed for 1-2 weeks from actual due date due to hormonal imbalance and associated mental stress. However, she must undergo one home pregnancy test at the earliest.
4) Depending on test result, she can consult with local doctor for next level of management of the case.
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish her good health and practice safe sex in future.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
WAIT 3-4 DAYS TO GET PERIOD NATURALLY.
Thanks for follow up query.
Light bleeding and back pain are mostly indicative of getting period soon. I suggest her to wait another 3-4 days to get period naturally as she gets NEGATIVE test.
Hope, it helps for you. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes for vaginal bleeding after colonoscopy
- What causes vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding and itching
- What causes vaginal bleeding after radical hysterectomy
- What causes vaginal bleeding after sex
- What causes light vaginal bleeding after a hysterectomy
- What is the cause of sudden vaginal bleeding
- What causes internal vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding after hysterectomy
- Causing of vaginal bleeding after oophorectomy
- History of anxiety. Why am I feeling lightheaded, heart palpitation and...
- Got pimples on the penis after having protected sex. STD?
- Had unprotected sex after miscarriage. Started bleeding. Could I be...
- Suggested laproscopy surgery for ovarian cyst. Is this the safe way to...
- Would a sonographer know if my lmp had been implantation?
- STD test done. What are the findings? Should I be worried for hep c...
- Mild abnormalities inside cervix and slight abnormal pap smear with HPV...
- Missing period, feeling constipated with clear vaginal discharge. HPT...
- Abdominal pain with vaginal discharge. Feeling nausea. HPT negative. Any...
- Large circular red area with a bump above penis. Could it be clamydia or...