What causes urine smelling sweat?
The other prob is that sometimes I smell of feaces or like a rubbish bin.or just foul smelling.I sweat profusely from armpits, back, feet,groin area have IBS as well as candida and a damaged spine which I thought I should tell you.
I am at my wits end and don't know what to do,have tried being extra clean but it doesn't help for long.please help.thanks paul
Welcome to HealthcareMagic!
I understand your concern.You symptoms and history sound like a rare genetic disorder that is Trimethylaminuria.The trimethylamine gets released in the person's sweat, urine, reproductive fluids, and breath, giving off a strong fishy odor. Other than the strong fishy odor, individuals with this condition typically appear healthy.
I feel sorry to say that there is no permanent cure of this disease but taking a low trimethyamine diet definitely helps a lot.Avoid food such as;
Brassicas (brussel sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower)
Lecithin and lecithin-containing fish oil supplements
You can always consult a nutritionist for the same.Hope this helps.Feel free to ask more.
thanks again XXXXXXX
What do you think causes the excessive sweating? Would candida cause me to be smelly as well as trimethylaminuria? thanks XXXXXXX
Hi does trimethylaminuria make you smell like you've pee'd yourself? thanks XXXX
trimethylamine (TMA) content,TMA challenge test and genetic testing.
Thank you so much for writing back.
There is no certain cause of excessive sweating.Yes, trimethyaminuria makes you smell like a pee. No, candida does not make you smell like that from your childhood till now.
There are lot of tests related to trimethylamine such as test for trimethylamine (TMA) content, TMA challenge test and genetic testing.
Avoiding diet containing choline which is a component of TMA helps in decreasing less TMA in body leading to decrease in smell. You can consult a nutritionist for a specific diet for trimethylaminuria and candida together.
I feel sorry that you are going through all this and that there is no permanent cure for this. But you can live a lot better life than this if you follow these.
Hope this helps. If you have no further queries, please rate this answer and close this discussion.
Hi there, please can you tell me why some people e.g friends/family smell my odour but others don't e.g girlfriends and some family members. I don't understand this and this has been happening most of my life.thank-you XXXXXXX
Yes it does smell like urine
Yes to be clear this does smell like some rotten thing,urine or garbage.Intensity of smell varies with TMA content in body.
May be its just your smell friends and family are surrounded by but few people have their own fragrance to ameliorate that smell.
I am sorry if I was not so clear.It could be that your smell surrounds your family and friends in such a way that you think they also smell the same but actually its just your smell.Secondly some people have their own fragrance which does not let your smell overpower,then you don't get it.
Hope I made myself clear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cloudy urine and fishy smell
- What causes stale smelling urine
- What causes metallic smell in urine
- What is the cause of wierd smell while i urinate
- What causes to smell mild urine smell always
- What causes urine to smell fishy
- What causes frequent urination and foul smell in urine
- What cause smell to urine and rash
- What is the cause of foul smelling urine
- What causes adderall urine smells bad
- What causes stinging pain at penis tip and pain after urination?
- What does a knot in naval area indicate?
- What causes extremely dry lips and feeling of sunburns on lips?
- What causes swelling on right side of body?
- What causes red blotches on thighs?
- What causes lip twitching?
- What does a itchy rash on leg spreading to other body parts indicate?
- What causes rash like tiny blisters along with redness?
- What causes severe pain in foot?
- What causes sharp pain on left side of abdomen?