What causes urine odor and slight burning feeling during urination?
Hello and thanks for the query,
Its possible you may have a bit of an infection going on - rare with a negative culture but still possible.
As far as antibiotics go, Cipro is commonly used and is very effective. I have not had any patients with significant or severe reactions to this medication and it is generally well tolerated. If you prefer an alternative you might talk again with your doctor but almost every medication will come with a list of potential side effects but in the case of cipro most patients tolerate it without a problem.
you could also try septra
Hello and thank you for your question.
I agree with Dr. XXXXXXX that cipro is generally well tolerated, though if you are 85 years old you may want to take half strength doses. Septra is another medication that works well for urinary tract infections. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and see your doctor for a prescription that is suitable for your age and other medical conditions.
Hello and thank you for your follow up.
There is a condition called interstitial cystitis. It is an inflammatory condition in the bladder that can cause bladder pain and burning. Your doctor may need to refer you to a urologist to have this diagnosis confirmed or ruled out. Here is a link you can use to read about interstitial cystitis.
The odor of your urine can change based on food or how you are digesting your food. Try adding a probiotic daily and a multivitamin and the odor may change back to normal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause burning sensation during urination
- What causes burning and pain during urination
- What causes frequent urination with burning sensation during urination
- What can cause burning and itching during urination
- Causes of pepperish feeling during urination
- What causes odor in urine
- What causes slightly hazy urine
- What causes blood in urine and trouble during urination
- What is the cause of burning urination during pregnancy
- What causes burning sensation during urination