What causes urine like smell in the anal after having anal sex?
This is somewhat embarassing but I had unprotexted anal sex with a man whose penis smelled of urine, though I thought it was clean at the time. Now my anus smells of urine and I cant get rid of the smell no matter how much I douche. Is there a medication you would recommend? From my few google searches, I hear it may be a bacterial infection? If so, how can I cure it?
Thank you very much.
Some questions to help me answer you better.
Hello and welcome,
I see none of the doctors have picked up your question in the 2 hours since you posted it and I think that's because there isn't an obvious answer. So I'll ask you some questions and maybe we can sort it out.
Was the partner circumcised or uncircumcised?
And was the smell sort of fishy? Or more like ammonia? Or something else?
Does your behind smell like this all the time or only after having a BM?
Is there any discharge, itching, or pain?
Thanks - I hope to be able to provide information after I hear back.
1. My partner was uncircumcised.
2. Ans it was like old urine, i guess that would be like ammonia. Not really fishy.
3. My anus now smells like this all the time- not too strongly after I have a bath, but it is still there, which makes me think it may be some sort of bacterial infection.
4. There is no itching, discharge, or pain. Just the smell.
Thank you and I hope this helps youz
Please see below:
Given that your partner was uncircumcised, there is more of a chance that he may have been carrying bacteria on his penis.
Since you have this smell, but no discharge, pain, or itching, you may have a bacterial overgrowth (which you were suspecting) that is in the crypts of your anus, or possibly in your colon. It is hard to know what bacteria may be causing this, so best thing would be to get some stool studies done. That will guide what treatment might be appropriate. The doctor might consider swabbing your anus for culture also.
Some bacteria split nitrogen and give an ammonia smell.
Some bacteria react with (hydroxyl) bases like soap and give off a fishy smell.
And some bacteria break down sulfur bonds and give off a rotten egg smell.
So I'm guessing this may be a bacteria that metabolizes nitrogen.
Please don't be embarrassed to go in to your doctor and tell him or her your situation. We see many problems that have a private nature to them, and you can assume that by the time someone has finished med school and residency, nothing will phase them.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause for anal leakage
- What causes anal cramp with bleeding
- Whether anal sex causes pregnancy or not
- What causes anal pain after defecation
- What causes anal pulsing
- What causes grey color penis after unprotected anal sex
- Urine leak causing anal itch
- What causes anal cancer
- What causes vaginal and anal fissures
- What causes anal fistula