Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes urination during ejaculation?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
I am urinaing during ejaculation.
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Since when is this problem present?
What is the quantity of urine that passes on ejaculation?
Do the ejuculation and urination occur simultaneously or urination occurs after ejaculation?
Any problem during urination or any urinary complaints?
Please give any other information.
Awaiting.

Follow-up: What causes urination during ejaculation? 31 hours later
This has developed in last two weeks.
When ejaculating I get an overwhelming sense of having to pee or peeing when you do have to go badly. Regarding quanitity, My partner complaint of getting a good splash.
It seems the urge to pee overwhelms the urge to ejaculate. When I do ejaculate I get very little semen. My past experience has been good, even above par; in the recent pastI’m able to ejaculate 3 times in 2 hr.s. No problem. Performance has fallen off quickly in the past 18 months. Ive had no problem maintaining erections in the past, but recent not as good.
I’d say the quality of my ejaculate is different clean, sticky but not much white stuff (sperm?)
When peeing no unusual problems. I have found in recent years that caffeine, soft drinks seem to impede the flow. Now my pee is clean and clean.

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs clinical evaluation and investigations to have proper management

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
With advancing age the benign enlargement of prostate or occasionally prostatitis can cause such problems.
Hence I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Tests of urine.
Tests of blood: CBC, particularly PSA, for diabetes, thyroid, liver and kidney function and as needed on clinical evaluation.
Per-rectal digital examination for prostate. Neurological evaluation and general physical check up.
Ultrasonography of abdomen, particularly for genitourinary symptoms.
Tests of semen.

Al this will lead to find the probable cause.
A referral to a Urologist is highly recommended for proper clinical evaluation and necessary investigations.

I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and proper management.
Please give feedback.