What causes urinary retention?
May be due to UTI .
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have .This could be either due to UTI or due to involuntary contraction of bladder after attempting to hold on urination for a long time.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have other urinary symptoms like Burning urination ,urgency suggestive of UTI?
Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Ensure to drink more water .To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
First of all thank you for your reply Doctor. To add up to how it start to happen, on that day that i need to hold my pee and at one point it feel like the urine or air push backward causing pain and stop which didn't last very long. Afterward, i start to pee often and sometimes i feel like i want to pee but i don't or if i did, then it is little than usual. There is no burning or pain while urinating.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic urinary retention causes
- Intermittent urinary retention causes
- Can coccydynia cause urinary retention
- Dystonia , urinary retention causes
- Does stillbirth cause urinary retention
- What is the treatment for urinary retention
- Acute urinary retention causes
- Does vivance cause urinary retention
- Causes of urinary retention
- Significant urinary retention causes