What causes urinary incontinence?

Dr. Ashwini Kolur

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi..for last couple of months, after i urinate, i still find that there are drops still there. Why is it? What can i do to avoid?
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
might be urinary tract infection, urine routine examination

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
Based on the information provided by yoy, you might be having urinary tract infection. It is one of the symptom of UTI.

I would suggest you to go urine routine examination, based on the report we can decide on the need of antibiotic.
Usually in my clinic I prescribe norflox 400 mg twice daily for three days, it is prescription based agent you can enquire about it with your local doctor.

Presently, I would suggest you to drink plenty of water and you can drink cranberry juice which is found to be a beneficial in urinary tract infection. And you get the urine routine investigation done. Symptom will reduce with treatment.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar