What causes urinary incontinence?
Do you urinate in small volumes or much?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this urinary difficulty that you have reported. I have a few questions for you.
1. Do you have any idea when you are urinating?
2. Would you leak during coughing, sneezing?
3. For how long has this been going on?
From your symptoms, this is suggestive of urinary incontinence. There are correctable causes of this condition like pelvic prolapse. Whether to give medications or advise surgery, it would be very important that you get a full pelvic examination conducted by a urogynecologist. Once the exact problem is mapped out, treatment options and a plan would be established with you.
For now, trying to limit how much water you drink especially before going to any public setting. Also, set a regular interval for you to go and empty the bladder so as to avoid unnecessary embarrassments and leaks. This would help you gain sometime while you find your way to the doctors' office for a more thorough evaluation and treatment.
I hope that this helps. I wish you well. I hope to talk more with you as you go on to obtain solutions to this problem.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes urinary incontinance and changed bowel habits
- Can lopressor cause urinary incontinence
- Can flucloxacillin cause urinary incontinence
- Does adderral cause urinary incontinence
- What causes urinary incontinence during the day
- Does metoprolol cause urinary incontinence
- Can mirena coil cause urinary incontinence
- Benicar causing urinary incontinence
- What causes urinary incontinence when suffering from lumbar spondylosis
- Does fibroids cause urinary incontinence