What causes urge to defecate and urinate along with disturbed sleep?
Everyday in the morning I need to go to the wash room 4/5 times to pass stool. Whenever I go out I feel tensed and I get a surge of pressure to go to the wash room. Many times I have come back from the parking lot / bus stoppage. This has been happening since last one year and it is intensifying. Same case happens with urination as well. I also have trouble sleeping.
The Dr has suggested the following medication.
Escitalopram ( 5mg ) and ANtidep ( Imipramine 25 mg ) for 1 month.
I wanted to know how safe it is to take the above two drugs together.
They are largely safe
Thanks for using healthcaremagic and considering it your health partner.
First regarding the symptoms I feel the urge to defecate or urinate in stressful situations is largely indicative of anxiety symptoms.
Regarding the treatment choice I feel the treatment choice of your psychiatrist is quite rational and there is nothing to point finger. Regarding safety issue the same thing is applicable as the dose used and treatment choice are largely harmless. You may find a long list of side effects with escitalopram and imipramine over the internet but practically speaking there is very low chance of any significant chance with currently used dose.
There is one more thing I feel relevant in your case. The medicine chosen for your anxiety symptom are also helpful in premature ejaculation and I hope this will be one extra point for you considering the premature issue.
I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause sleep a lot
- What causes choking in sleep
- What causes halucinations with disturbed sleep
- What is the cause of frequent urge to urinate
- What causes urge to urinate
- Causes for sleep disturbances
- What causes exhaustion and disturbed sleep
- What causes brown and pink discharge along with urine
- What causes sleep disturbances after taking irbesartan
- What causes restless sleep
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?