What causes upper right abdominal pain and feeling of lump in throat?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: I've had low-grade fever and fatigue for 6 weeks. Prednisone seems to help. Lately, right upper abdominal pain with palpable rubbery lump about the size of a marble.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It needs to be further evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
It is difficult to precisely say what it is without examination.
I would like to know more about the lump that you have mentioned
Since when you have it?
Is it painful to touch?
Is it moveable?

In my clinic I would have asked for few investigation like complete blood count, sputum for AFB examination to rule out tuberculosis and ultrasound abdomen.
One examibation, If required I would have asked for FNAC of the lump to know what it is.

So I would suggest you to see local doctor for examination and you can discuss with them regarding this investigation.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
I noticed the lump for the first time today It is painful to touch and moveable. I had a CBC; don't know results. A chest X-ray ruled out pneumonia
Brief Answer:
Upload the picture

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
Thanks for coming back.
Kindly upload the picture of the lump for better assessment and to provide you with specific advice.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina