What causes upper left stomach pain?

Posted on Mon, 18 Jan 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Res. Sir,
Name : XXXXXXX
Age : 30
Sex : Male
Problem : Pain in upper left stomach from a long time and done several times ultrasound but not able to find the reason and also cbc test but all normal values.And it becomes very high whenever I fight with someone or tense. my last history is having appendix operation and appendix is also not found till the it blasts.please advise can MRI test able to found the reason. OR anything else. Now it becomes worst for me is it because of gas or else . Please advise the test to find.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suggested CT scan abdomen and upper gastrointestinal endoscopy

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. Appendix is located in right lower abdomen and if the pain is in left upper abdomen then appendix surgery is less likely the reason for your discomfort.

2. If many ultrasound scans have been done and none of them have shown anything abnormal then doing a CT scan abdomen can show in greater detail if there is any problem which is not seen on ultrasound.

3. Left upper abdomen pain is there in acidity and this can increase when you have anxiety. For this you are suggested to get an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done. It will show any acid reflux and stomach ulcer should there be any.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist