What causes upper left chest pain while breathing?
Yes, and other possibilities.
Good day, I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms! It sounds like you may have an upper respiratory infection and or possible pneumonia. The chest pain you describe is very possibly from the strain caused in using muscles to cough, is there no pain on the other side. Pleurisy is definitely a possibility as well. Ultimately you are going to want a check of with a doctor who can perform a physical and determine if you need an X-ray and or antibiotics. I suggest rest, hydration and a visit with your primary care physician. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain while breathing causes
- What causes chest pain while breathing with palpitations
- Chest pain while breathing and coughing difficulty in breathing
- Chest pain heartburn pain while breathing treatment
- Chest pain while breathing is this a serious problem
- Left chest pain while breathing
- What causes pain while breathing
- What causes left sided pain while breathing
- Experiencing sharp chest pain while breathing
- Smoking chest pain while breathing