What causes upper chest pain?

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 10 Oct 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have been having upper chest pain on the right side all day. it is a little worse now than it was. i didn't do anything to strain my chest. I have an artificial aorta. had a recent stress test and echo and came out normal.Have not got an answer yet. All my e-mail says is that you billed me.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be costochondritis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
Right sided chest pain can be because of lit of caused.
The major cause being Costochondritis. It is just inflammation of joint between bone & cartilage of chest. You can take ibuprofen for it.
I also understand that you have a aortic graft and I hope that you are fine on that.
Still I will advice you to at least do a ECG to rule out any other abnormality.
Thanks & take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 19 minutes later
can I take ibuprofen if I am on blood thinners(clopidogrel 75 mg 1 x a day?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Yes you can take it.
But do remember to get the ECG done.
If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to help.
Thanks & take care