What causes upper body shaking, nausea and fever after having a meal?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Recently experienced upper body shaking, nausea, fever. Occured post meal. Subsequent to hydration, I experienced vomiting. Continued with hydration and aspirn. Symptoms past within 12 hours.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I need further details.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern .
See you seem to be suffering from Viral fever.
I would advise you not to take Aspirin as it would cause further gastritis.
Provide me following details:
1. How high is fever?
2. Any chills and rigors?
3. Any pain abdomen?
4. Any loose stools?
5. Any recent alcohol intake?
6. Any pain in throat?

Revert with these details for a better help.
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 12 hours later
Fever estimated at 101.....chills, yes; no abdomen pain; loose stools (1) the next afternoon . Alcohol intake was one pint of beer at dinner; no throat pain.

Forced vomiting provided some relief, along with hydration. Very little sleep.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
In such scenario I advise following:
1. To take Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg thrice a day
2. To take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.
3. To take lots of oral fluids.
If your fever persists even after 3 days then you should get investigated.
However it seems to be Viral Infection. So I expect it to get resolved within 5 days.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay Healthy.