question-icon

What causes upper back pain and gas?

Posted on Mon, 15 Sep 2014
Question: i have been lifting my puppy in and out of the playpen and now i have upper back pain and a little pain in my chest that comes and goes. Every time i press on my chest i burp...So Im thinking that is gas. I dont have any left arm pain or sweating. I think i pulled muscles lifting the puppy in and out of the playpen. I have to bend over to pick her up and bend over to put her back in again. I also have anxiety which i think may be causing some of this too. Im also congested on my chest too.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani (54 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
fibromyalgia

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I'm dr Alok, pleased to answer your health related query today

I have seen all of your previous queries also and along with this query,I analyzed all and think that probably you have fibromyalgia.
This is a disease where person is not able to relax muscle and unrelaxed muscle cause pain and symptoms like gas. Most common cause of this condition is stress.
I advice you to discuss all these matter with your GP. Meanwhile you can take any painkiller available in market

Hope this will help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Alokkalyani (18 minutes later)
The doctor told me that i have fibromyalgia before...But he never gave me nothing for it. Could be the stress of a new puppy in the house? Plus i had choncriotis (spelling) about a year ago...Could that have come back. Because of lifting the puppy?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Aerobic exercises much helpful

Detailed Answer:
Well, it is difficult to confirm the cause of fibromyalgia, it needs a proper evaluation. There are some medicines available but aerobic exercise is much more helpful. Costocondritis is pain on the chest when pressing there, but fibromyalgia has same feature. I think overall it is part of fibromyalgia only.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Alokkalyani (3 hours later)
okay, thank you very much....What kind of exercise is good?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani (11 hours later)
Brief Answer:
aerobic

Detailed Answer:

any aerobic or even brisk walking for at least 30-45 mins is enough.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist