question-icon

What causes unusual vaginal bleeding after menopause?

Posted on Wed, 9 Dec 2015
Question: I just turned 55 and last month on oct 20th i got my period for one day after not having it for 10-15 yrs. And now as of nov. 16th and today I got my period back again. I've been through menopause and haven't had anything for yrs. So my question is why now after all these yrs am I bleeding again? and I'm on medicaid and medicare for medical.
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa (49 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please get seen by a Gynecologist

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. Please note that this is not normal, you need to have it checked out, uterine bleeding in a postmenopausal woman is malignancy until proven otherwise, I do not mean to scare you, but that is the extent of the investigation that you need moving forward. Thanks and take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sassen S Kwasa (25 hours later)
Thank you for letting me know this. Now I have to find a gynecologist around where I live here in Des Plaines, IL that takes medicaid & medicare. Now I'm very scared.

Thank you again, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa (13 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome, however, it is best to have this checked out..

Detailed Answer:
and have the necessary interventions given to you than sit on the issue and wait. Please do not be scared, the outcomes of all possibilities are relatively positive.
Dr. Sassen S Kwasa