What causes unusual hearing of heartbeat in ears?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I just started hearing my heartbeat in my ear and I cant. Sleep
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See your doctor and try white noise

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.

It is not uncommon for people to occasionally hear or feel their heartbeat. However, it is not common for it to be persistent or to keep you from sleep. It may indicate high blood pressure or some other problem in you heart or blood vessels.

It is important that you see your doctor to get an exam and try to figure out the cause of this since it is bothersome and keeping you from sleep. In the mean time try using some white noise like a fan running or static radio to block out the sound for you so that you can sleep. There are also white noise apps that you can get for a smart phone or your computer.

I hope you are free of this problem soon. Thank you for using HCM.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Kathy Robinson 30 hours later
Stupid answer
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
So sorry

Detailed Answer:
So sorry you feel that way. I gave you my best medical advice.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj