What causes unusual growth on uvula?
Might be mucocele
Welcome to HCM
I have gone through your query.
It is difficult to say what it is without examination, if possible kindly upload the photo for better assessment and to provide you with specific advice.
Based on the information provided by you, could be the blocked minor salivary glands, forming a mucocele (fluid filled sac) under the mucosa. The mucoceles are literally harmless swellings. To confirm the diagnosis, an examination is must, so I would suggest you to see ENT specialist.
How long it is been there, is it associated with any other symptom.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Uvula infections causes
- What causes a curved uvula
- What causes a deviated uvula
- What causes streaks in your uvula
- What causes a crooked uvula
- What causes papilloma on uvula
- Causes of elongated uvula
- What causes painful and veiny uvula and arcus pharyngopalatinus
- What causes pimple above the uvula and coughing
- What causes tingling sensation near the uvula causing dry cough