question-icon

What causes unusual growth on uvula?

Posted on Tue, 1 Dec 2015
Question: I have a gowth on the uvula in the back of my mouth, It is white in color woth a grey ring around it. t is the size of a pencil eraser. Antibiotics have not cleared it up.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Might be mucocele

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM
I have gone through your query.
It is difficult to say what it is without examination, if possible kindly upload the photo for better assessment and to provide you with specific advice.

Based on the information provided by you, could be the blocked minor salivary glands, forming a mucocele (fluid filled sac) under the mucosa. The mucoceles are literally harmless swellings. To confirm the diagnosis, an examination is must, so I would suggest you to see ENT specialist.

How long it is been there, is it associated with any other symptom.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Harish Naik