What causes unusual bruises all over right leg?
need some details to guide you better
Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for your complaint. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. since when are you having this problem?
2. is it only on right leg or any other part of the body as well?
3. please share a clear image of that area?
4. did similar complaint occur in past?
5. are you on any medication?
6. do you or anyone in the family has history of diabetes, hypertension, bleeding disorder or any other illness?
7. is overlying skin hot and raised(swelled)?
8. any other symptom that you would like to share?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Needs workup if persists even after 4-5 days
Thank you for getting back with the answers as well as image. I have gone through them. There could be possibility that it is minor subcutaneous bruise which will reabsorb itself in few days and there is also possibility that its is some hematological disorder. I would suggest you to wait & observe for few days. Hopefully it will disappear itself as soon as blood is absorbed from the subcutaneous tissue(like on thigh). If it persists even after 4-5 days then visit hospital and get an appointment for "Consultant Hematologist". He is specialized in blood disorders. He will perform some investigations including CBC with ESR, peripheral smear, clotting profile to confirm the diagnosis. Further management will depend upon the results.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
You are welcome
You are most welcome. I'll be available 24/7 for if you ever need guidance. Don't forget to close the discussion and rate it. Feel free to contact me directly on HCM by visiting http://goo.gl/fxj9bG
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What has caused bruises on both my legs
- What could cause multiple bruising on knee and leg
- Having bruises over legs and feet swollen cause
- What could cause a itchy bruise on the lower leg
- Itchy legs causing bruising
- What causes purple bruise in legs and arms
- What causes bruising and itching in legs
- What causes sudden bruising on legs
- Scratching leg causing bruising
- What could cause bruises on arms and legs