What causes unsteady gait?
The exact cause of unsteadiness while walking should be detected
I can understand your concern.
Unsteadiness or loss of balance when standing or walking are often experienced along with vertigo and other types of dizziness. T
Its common causes include:
1. Inner ear problems.
2. Vision problems. Cataracts, glaucoma & weakening eyesight
3. Numbness in the legs and feet comes from nerve damage, a result of simple aging or diseases like diabetes. Your nerves can no longer send signals to your brain about the position of your legs and feet, which can cause unsteadiness.
4. Neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, & spinal cord disorders.
5. Joint and muscle problems like arthritis, joint pain, or muscle weakness with advancing years. These can interfere with your body’s ability to move and react quickly to changes in posture or position.
6. Medications like Anti-epileptic drugs, Sedatives and tranquilizers, Beta blockers (type of heart medicine), BP lowering medications, & Antidepressants.
These causes should be investigated and treated accordingly.
Citistar tab which contains citicoline is a Nootropic & Neurotonic drug.
It acts by increasing blood flow and oxygen consumption in the brain thereby enhances cognition and memory and facilitates learning & also improves the tone or force of the nervous system. It also prevents excessive inflammatory response in the brain by inhibiting the release of free fatty acids and decreasing bloodbrain barrier breakdown.
It is commonly prescribed to treat
1. Age-related memory problems. It seems to help memory loss in people aged 50 to 85 years.
2. Long-term blood circulation problems in the brain (cerebrovascular diseases).
Generally it is a safe medication, although less common it can cause side effects such as trouble sleeping (insomnia), headache, diarrhea, low or high BP, & nausea.
Hope the suggestions given above could be useful to you.
Can you advise a safe dosage of citistar since I am also on BP, COPD, medication already.
Kindly provide the details for the medications
Thanks for your reply & the compliments.
Could you please send the details about the prescribed medications for BP & chronic obstructive pulmonary disease so as to find out any possible interactions with Citistar?
Awaiting your reply.
mg with nebuliser.
There is no interaction between Citistar and the prescribed medications.
Thanks for your reply.
The recommended dose of Citicoline tablet is 200-600 mg two times daily.
There is no interaction between Citicoline and the medicines prescribed for high BP and COPD.
Hope this answers your query.
Kindly rate the answers if you do not have any follow up query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What would cause foaming at the mouth causing death?
- Treatment and cure for unsteady gait
- What could be the cause cause for shaking feeling
- Unsteady gait causes
- Symptoms of unsteady gait
- Drugs/medication for unsteady gait
- Diagnosis of unsteady gait
- What is causing scrotum to get bigger and causing discomfort
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- What is the cause for pressure that causes frequent urination