What causes unpleasant taste in the mouth, nausea and altered bowel movements?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: The symptom checker led me to Pancriatic cancer. due to my age being diabetic, obese and a former smoker makes me at high risk, the main sumptoms now are bad taste in mouth, nausea and bowl changes.

I am scheduled for a CAT scan thursday. My doctor said it will not be a highly defined image. I have asked for an appointment today or tomorrow to see if he can upgrade the scan. Is this necessary?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very unkilely to be pancreatic cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

There are no symptoms in the early stages. Later stages are associated with symptoms, but these can be non-specific, such as lack of appetite and weight loss. Pain, Fatigue, lassitude, Sudden drop in weigh and malaise are the most common symptoms of pancreatic cancer.
There are a number of condition associated with altered bowel habits.Some of them include Gastric flora inflammation or depletion etc.
However if you fear you can have pancreatic carcinoma. Best way is
CECT abdomen to see pancreatic cancer or any other pathology.
Ultra sound abdomen to rule out inflammation of bowel.
Stool for bacterial or protozoal infection.
If it would be carcinoma it would be reflected in CT.

In case you have further questions feel free to ask.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj