What causes unilateral pain in the head, dizziness, nausea and mood swings?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi. My 18 year old daughter has been having pain on the left side of her head for about 1 1/2 weeks with dizziness, nausea made worse by walking or riding in a car and now today she feels out of it or confused and totally worn down and moody. She has had migraines in the past but this is different from what she is used to having with her migraines.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Imaging studies are needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Imaging studies such brain MRI are indicated whenever there's change in pain nature of migraines sufferers.

Conditions such subarachnoidal hemorrhage, vascular malformations, etc, is necessary to be considered and excluded.

Discuss with your daughter's Doctor about such issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T