What causes unexplained recurring chest pain and discomfort in left arm shoulder?
please provide details of your symptoms.
1. First of all relax. As any kind of mental stress is bad for your health.
2. Your TMT and stress thallium is negative with good exercise capacity. This is big relief. There is no test in world which can definitely predict future occurrence of heart attack. However, the test can tell about current status and TMT & Thallium are reassuring. Your ECHO is also normal, so you do not have any structural heart disease.
3. Myocardial bridging may or may not lead to symptoms. since your TMT is normal. I would like to go into details of your symptoms.
How long they last? what provokes them? How do they get relieved? Where exactly pain occurs?
Does it shift site? What are accompanying symptoms? Did you have any similar symptom while doing TMT?
Please answer all these queries, before I deliberate more on the topic.
please see details below.
1. It is not clear from your answer that if you had similar symptoms, as you usually have, while doing TMT or it was just fatigue. If you did not have any similar symptoms while doing TMT or thallium, then the likelihood of your symptoms to be anginal is very low. Secondly, Your Stress thallium and MRI report did not get uploaded. So please re-upload them.
2. Medical literature is not very sure that myocardial bridging definitely causes serious troubles like heart attack or sudden death. It proposes medical treatment initially for those with symptoms. I do agree with your doctor that your symptoms are not likely due to bridging.
The nature of your symptoms is not anginal. I would prefer that you manage all the risk factors for anginal heart disease diligently like smoking, BP, diabetes, blood cholesterol, obesity and stress well and consult your cardiologist periodically. Any symptoms which appears to be because of myocardial bridging needs to be tackled first by medicines like beta-blockers.
Only if they fail, some intervention may be done.
Feel free to discuss further.
Cervical spine issues are there, destress yourself
1. I still could not find your thallium report. However It is reassuring that you did not have symptoms while doing exercise during TMT or Thallium. This tells us that symptoms are not likely to be anginal in nature.
2. The MRI report says there are problems with cervical spine which needs to be discussed with your neurologist and orthopedician.
3. As I have told you earlier also, the condition of myocardial bridging is usually considered to be benign. Medical literature is not very sure if Heart attack, anginal episodes or sudden death can really be attributed to myocardial bridging. However, every individual is unique, so case to case approach is preferable. If the symptoms are individual are anginal in nature, only the medicines or intervention is warranted. In your case, the symptoms are not shown to be anginal in nature by history and by stress tests you have undergone. Hence your doctors advised simple followup.
4. Try to destress your self. Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle. do not think too much about your condition. consult your orthopedician for cervical spine evaluation which may be a cause of your symptoms. Take advise of your cardiologist whenever you have change in symptoms.
1. Whatever i told you is from standard literature. If you wish to read yourself, you can read the following article.
MYOCARDIAL BRIDGING.BY MS XXXXXXX & C CHEN. JOURNAL OF INVASIVE CARDIOLOGY. NOV 2015. VOL 27. PAGE 521-28.
2. My current clinic address and timings are available on this website. You may visit, if really required.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recurring chest pain causes
- Drugs/medication for recurring chest pain
- Treatment and cure for recurring chest pain
- Diagnosis of recurring chest pain
- Symptoms of recurring chest pain
- Recurring chest pain light headed hot sweaty weakness
- Recurring chest pain loss of appetite quit smoking solution
- What is the cause of having recurring chest pain
- Recurring chest pain normal test results suggestions
- Having recurring chest pain how to get relief