What causes unexpected bleeding after taking birth control pills?
Chances are unlikely
i'm Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf and will look into your problem.
when one is on birth control pills then some individuals may suffer from unexpected bleeding. it occurs because of unusual disturbed hormonal levels and it may mimick pregnancy as well. now in your case as you were already taking pills and spotting occured as well so there are high chances of not being pregnant. the spotting could be because of hormonal imbalance. however you can confirm it (for your satisfaction) after two weeks by having UPT or blood hCG LEVELS after one week.
hope i have answered your query. if you have any followup query then feel free to ask. if not then dont forget to close the discussion and rate.
wishing you good health.
Yes its because of pill; pregnancy is unlikely
thank you for the followup query.
yes that bleeding is because of pill and the reason i've already mentioned above. i would suggest you not to worry and carry on with your normal daily routine. if you observe any unusual symptom then you can undergo further workup.
feel free to get back if you want to ask any question. if all clear then dont forget to close the discussion and rate it. thank you
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will taking birth control pills cause irregularity in periods
- What causes vaginal bleeding when on birth control pills
- Heavy bleeding after taking birth control pills advice
- What causes delayed periods after stopping birth control pills
- What causes frequent urination inspite of taking birth control pills
- What causes delayed periods after taking birth control pills
- Bleeding after having sex not taking birth control pill worried
- What causes bleeding while on birth control pills
- What causes long periods after taking birth control pills
- Will taking birth control pills cause anxiety