What causes uneven facial tension in the mouth area?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
I have uneven facial tension in the mouth area. My smile is higher on one side than the other and my muscles create more tension on one side than the other. I have had Bell's palsy in the past but the differences were more pronounced. So is there such a thing as a very mild case of Bell's Palsy or are there other possibilities? Thanks...
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Deepashree 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
residual bells paresis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query.
As of what your symptoms are, you are having residual facial paresis.
It's a sequelae of bells palsy.
its usually common.
facial physiotherapy will help you regain the complete muscle tone.
I would suggest you to consult with the doctor and get physiotherapy done for facial muscle. This can improve the paresis.
Hope my answers have helped you.
Pleased to help you further. Thanks.