• question-icon

What causes uncontrolled blinking?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have uncontrolled blinking at certain times of the day especially in the morning after I get up.
the only thing that stops the blinking is if I read the paper for a few minutes. It also occurs if I have an alcoholic drink in the evening.The only time it will stop at that point is when I go to bed.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
uncontrolled blinking, linked to ticks, anxietyand dry eye.

Detailed Answer:
It is a ticks. No cause is attributed. Some time it is linked to anxiety and it stops when anxiety is controlled. For ticks nothing much can be done. Can take advise of naturopathy experts. The other probability is anxiety for which all efforts should be made to control anxiety. Can take counseling from clinical psychologist. Yoga and meditation with all probability may help.Life style change is required. Can increase physical activity, like taking regular morning walk and side by side socialization and habit of reading books and magazine. Dry eye should be excluded by doing strip test, if detected can apply refresh eye tear drop. Refraction should be done and if error is detected then proper correction to be taken.Avoid direct sunlight and advised to use dark glass in out door.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist