What causes uncontrolled BP?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello doctor , My father has very high BP . His BP was under control by some medicine . HIs job location has changed and when he got it reviewed it has started fluctuating again and going on the higher side. When he went for check up in RML hospital he was referred to cardiology for check up . He is not satisfied with his treatment as his BP is still on higher side. He wants to get it checked somewhere else . I'm in dilemma which specialist should i take him to ? I am not sure why he was sent to cardiologist in RML . CAn you pls guide . Rgds
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Any physician or cardiologist can help.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query and sharing your concern.

High blood pressure can be effectively treated by a physician or cardiologist.

The reason for not having smooth control of blood pressure could be:

Some underlying disease like kidney,thyroid etc.
Poor compliance to therapy prescribed
Stress
Irregular life style:do doing exercise,improper diet timings etc.

Please visit a physician or cardiologist and get some investigation done as per their advice.

The reason for sending him to cardiologist could be uncontrolled blood pressure in spite of regular medications,some changes in ECG done etc.

Apart from medicines please discuss with him the above mentioned issues.

Wishing him good health.

Dr.Pragnesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad