What causes uncontrolled BP?

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello doctor , My father has very high BP . His BP was under control by some medicine . HIs job location has changed and when he got it reviewed it has started fluctuating again and going on the higher side. When he went for check up in RML hospital he was referred to cardiology for check up . He is not satisfied with his treatment as his BP is still on higher side. He wants to get it checked somewhere else . I'm in dilemma which specialist should i take him to ? I am not sure why he was sent to cardiologist in RML . CAn you pls guide . Rgds
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Any physician or cardiologist can help.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query and sharing your concern.

High blood pressure can be effectively treated by a physician or cardiologist.

The reason for not having smooth control of blood pressure could be:

Some underlying disease like kidney,thyroid etc.
Poor compliance to therapy prescribed
Irregular life style:do doing exercise,improper diet timings etc.

Please visit a physician or cardiologist and get some investigation done as per their advice.

The reason for sending him to cardiologist could be uncontrolled blood pressure in spite of regular medications,some changes in ECG done etc.

Apart from medicines please discuss with him the above mentioned issues.

Wishing him good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1995

Answered : 4036 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  High bp

doctor1 MD

I’m taking Clonidine for High BP , I was only on for 2 weeks,0.1mg (twice a day) and had every side effect. The Dr. Said to to cut back to once a...

doctor1 MD

We are wondering if my husband may have had a small stroke. Taken to the er with confusion loss of balance extremely high BP and migraine type...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doc Request your advice here I have been experiencing high bp from past 2 monthd but it has always been fluctuating at times it is 140 /80 at...

doctor1 MD

How long can I retain a 153/100 Blood Pressure and be safe? And...? My blood pressure is 153/100 and has been like that since my Dr. visit a few...

doctor1 MD

I am a 26 year old male who has been on high blood pressure medication (enalipril 20mg) for about 5 years. Lately I have taken in interest in...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

173 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction