• question-icon

What causes uncontrollable gum movements in a child?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Child Health
Question: My son having Gum motions and not controlling from 10 days. he is 13 months old and in the process of getting teeth, please suggest remedy.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cleaner water and curd

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Teething can cause problems like drooling, irritability and low fever occasionally. A teether can be used to calm the nerves. Otherwise teething is a natural phenomenon and will resolve soon.

If baby is having loose motions from 10 days and fever, then its probably gastroenteritis. 13 month old baby can also get loose motions from taking more fluids. juices etc and less solid food. Kindly let me know how often is he getting motions, what is its consistency, is there any fever, etc?

Baby can take more of adult food during day. Also give him ORS in cleaner water after every motion. The water be from RO system and be boiled and cooled in closed container.
This will help his motions for sure.

Please revert back for further queries.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Vaishalee Punj