What causes uncontrollable giddiness despite taking vertigo medication?

Posted on Tue, 13 Dec 2016 in Mental Health
Question: 50 years old male patient with C/o uncontrollable giddiness and Partially responding to medication. During admission he was treated with anti vertigo and neurostimulation therapy TCDS and Rtms therapy. He was treated by Psychiatrist. Need to confirm whether the current ailment is the result of psychiatric illness. as per treatment given Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a noninvasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain to improve symptoms of depression.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes is manifestation of psychiatric illness such as anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Uncontrollable giddiness although can occur in anxiety as well as other psychiatric disorders but the possibility is very low.

I am puzzled to know that he used rTMS and TCDS for the treatment of giddiness although there is limited usefulness of these treatment modalities. I must acknowledge that these can be used in treatment resistant giddiness as experimental modality. In addition there is limited literature to suggest that rTMS is helpful in anxiety which could be cause for giddiness in your case.

I like to acknowledge that anti vertigo medications are quite useful in this regard and have right place in treatment of uncontrollable giddiness.

I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist