What causes unbearable pain in flank region?

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,
I am female of 27 years.
I went to doctor last saturday for discomfort after passing urine.At the end of flow, i feel like dragging the vain and discomfort till abdomen.
Doctor told that it might be urine infection and started medication , Norflox-400 2 per day, 5 days.and citralika syrup.
From next day pain in my right flank developed and it is going to unbearable stage, again i visited doctor.
I had been asked to give tests for urine culture, urine routine, and ultrasound.
Urine routine report is normal, culture report yet to come.
In ultrasound it is shown that pelvic inflamamtory disease.
She suggested flavopass pain killer, but it is not easing my pain.
please suggest
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need antibiotics for PID.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain in the right flank can be due to pelvic inflammation and endometriosis. If the mild antispasmodic is not helping then you may need stronger prescription pain killers like tramadol and drotaverine. You also need proper antibiotics like moxifloxacin to treat the infection in the pelvis. Do consult your gynecologist and get the necessary medicines prescribed.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later
Thank you doctor it is really helpful.

Please let me know suitable tests after this medication to confirm PID is completely eradicated.
I am trying for my second child and it is not happening from the past 1 year.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound scan will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
In PID the treatment is usually given based on the symptoms. After the treatment you can get a repeat ultrasound scan done to confirm.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Rakhi Tayal


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13773 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Drotaverine

doctor1 MD

I have been diagnosed with stone ureter ...is there a way that the diagnosed stone can be removed naturally or with medicines.? Do i need...

doctor1 MD

I am having pain in my right upper abdomen which begins with throbbing which intensifies, then I have a quick stabbing pain followed by the intense...

doctor1 MD

I recently had an abdominal ultra sound and the results were all negative as far as the stomach, liver, pancreas etc. I am still experiencing mild...

doctor1 MD

i have little pain in rights side down abdominal , it start in right after 4 day i consort a dr in my home-town and they advice to take 10 tablet...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I m a 18 year-old girl, I m healthy, however my period is irregular. I have period this week, and today after going up stairs, I sudden felt...

doctor1 MD

Hello,I am a student and I have an exam on 5th may,2013.I want to delay my periods by two to three days from 5th as have my date from 2nd to 6th or...

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor ,my daughter , 3 years old,she has been suffering from stomach ache for last three days . stool test is normal, Ultra sound report...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

136 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction