What causes ulnar nerve instability?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 27 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My self XXXXXXX XXXX 57 years old from XXXXXXX Before 6 months back i had a seviour problem of Ulnar Nerve Neuritis in my Right Hand and due to this my little finger as well as adjutants finger and elbow having sevieor pain .My ulnar nerve was thicken and was very painful.I approach to or tho surgeon ,he examined and refereed to Dermatologist where the doctor created a doubt of Nerve Leprosy and started a heavy dose of Hansapran,,Dapsone and other medicines for curing leprosy treatment.After 15days of treatment i was not comfortable so I went to other XXXXXXX dermatologist of XXXXXXX where he Diogened RH ULNAR AXONETHESIS and started treatment of steroid along with nerve vitamins and Gabapentin .I had taken tablets according to dose for 4 months and my pain is reduced by 80%.AT PRESENT some times my little finger and half index finger gives me pain and near my elbow jointsome time mild pain of ulnar is observed.This frustrate me and I do not PERFORM my routine work of writing ,while eating as my little finger remains away.Some times i got some vibrating pain in my fingers.I had completed coarse of medicines for 4 months but still not 100% cure.Please not that not a single spot on my body and my hand and plam force is normal.In THE INTIAL period of pain i had taken nerve report of NCS REPORT is taken its conclusion is Ncs/Emg is suggestive sensorimotor ,mixed axonal/demyelinating ulnar mononeuropathy.Please guide me.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You might have subluxating ulnar nerve

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case. I think you may be having sublimating ulnar nerve. In this condition there is excessive movement of the ulnar nerve behind bone so nerve become thickened.
I would suggest you to follow these steps.
1.You need to show it to good hand surgeons. I know few in XXXXXXX You can visit Dr XXXXXXX Lad or Dr XXXXXXX Warrior.
2.If they confirm that nerve is subluxating then surgery can solve this issue.
3.Continue to take Pregabalin M at night time.
I hope these steps will be helpful for you.Let me know if there is another followup questions.
thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng